A MAGICAL RETREAT IN ULPOTHA, SRI LANKA
Yoga classes will be offered in the morning and evening! The time in between is all yours: relax in a swingbed, have a massage, swim in the lake, bird-watch, explore the surrounding villages on a bike ride, take a jungle walk up to the temple, have Ayurveda treatments, order outfits from the local tailor, check out the well-stocked library for books on Yoga/Ayurveda/Sri Lankan sites and enjoy yummy veggie Sri Lankan meals!
Bo will teach the Hatha Yoga sessions, and his wife, Shirley, will support each session, helping everyone to find their safest and most beautiful expression of each posture. Anusara yoga is a style of hatha yoga that reminds students of their true essence, heals the body with powerful and sound biomechanical principles and unifies outer strength with inner joy. Bo's classes reflect the eternal dance of opposite forces: shiva-shakti, yin-yang, concealment-revelation. His classes are challenging, yet fun and light. While teaching precise principles of alignment, Bo constantly encourages students to access their wisdom center, letting the practice reveal each student's joyful nature.
We welcome all levels to join us in this supportive, inspiring and playful practice.
We will pulsate between stronger morning sessions, culminating in backbends; and introspective evening sessions consisting of more forward bends and hip openers. Each session will include breath-work and guided meditation.
Ulpotha sustainable eco-village
Ulpotha is a beautifully situated sustainable traditional village in Sri Lanka with organic farming and traditional Ayurvedic treatments.
Ulpotha is a retreat in every sense of the word… A time and place to enjoy life and health, and live by the natural rhythms and ancient rituals of the land. There is no strict regime here, it’s all about what you feel like doing. On arrival you will be given a sarong & and your holiday begins.
“The entire experience is a spiritual high!” – Best Spas and Retreats of the World, Vogue Magazine
July 19 - 2nd August 2015
US$ 1,470 per person per week – one or two weeks available (Sunday to Sunday)
• Full board on twin sharing basis (single accommodation is available too)
• 3 tasty organic veggie meals per day & snacks, juices and teas
• All Yoga and meditation classes with Bo & Shirley Srey
• One herbal steambath in the Ayurveda Centre
• One free massage per week with visiting international therapists
• Excursion to one of the surrounding cultural heritage sites
• Guided walks to the hill top Temple
• Use of all amenities (including boat, bicycles, treehouse, lakehut, lake Ambalama)
• Airfares and Airport transfers (airport pickups can be arranged)
• Excursion entrance fees & meals
• Ayurveda treatments & additional massages
• Travel Insurance
What to bring:
• A good torch & spare batteries (a head torch is very handy)
• Your camera or iPod charger (charges off a solar panel)
• Mosquito repellent & if you are sensitive to bites, insect bite cream/antiseptic, & sunscreen
• Swimsuit & simple light cotton clothing (please dress appropriately when outside of Ulpotha & cover shoulders down to knees), a white or light coloured outfit is best for visiting temples
• Rubber flip flops for walking around Ulpotha, sneakers or walking shoes for hikes
You won’t need much clothing, there’s a free laundry service for everything except for underwear, please don’t bring expensive clothing or jewellery.
Need more information?
• Visit Ulpotha to read more about Ulpotha and to complete the Holiday Booking Form
• Email Ulpotha if you have any questions about Ulpotha
• Email Shirley with any other questions
ULPOTHA is on FB, visit their page to see magical and inspiring pictures of Ulpotha!