Celebrate the New Year with us in Chiang Mai, Thailand!
Please save these dates 30 December 2022 - 5 January 2023. Email Shirley about the retreat.
Awaken NOW Retreat with Bo & Shirley Srey
A 6 Nights' Anusara® yoga Retreat in Sapa, Vietnam
26 May to 1 June 2022
Join Bo and Shirley in beautiful Sapa in Northern Vietnam. Our journey begins in Hanoi where we will travel by van together to the cool north near Vietnam’s highest mountain, Mt. Fansipan. We’ll stay at the picturesque and secluded Topas Riverside Lodge where our practice space overlooks the river.
Our intention for this retreat is to create space for your essential nature to reveal itself. If any time was the right time for an awakening, NOW is the time.
As with all Anusara classes, Bo will weave the theme for the day into each session and encourage you to bring the practice forth into your greater experience through nondual dharana or centering techniques.
Each day will consist of two Anusara yoga classes. Morning sessions will be dynamic and uplifting, while evening sessions cooling and introspective.
You will have the rest of the time free for introspection, dips in one of the 2 natural fresh river pools, hikes, hill tribe village visits, mountain biking with Bo and optional visits to Mt. Fansipan, to explore Sapa town or have a swim in Topas Ecolodge’s infinity pool with views of the mountains and padi fields.
The price includes yoga, breakfast and dinner, and is based on either twin/double-sharing or non-sharing single rooms. We will arrange airport transfer together to share the cost. See the list of complete activities and logistics below.
Space is limited so please register early to save your spot and receive the early bird discount.
About the Destination:
“Sapa town stands at the head of a deep valley of magnificent rice terraces that are still farmed today as they have been for centuries. Backdrops don’t get much more spectacular. Enticing ribbons of road lead the eye down to the valley floor, white-water rivers rush among rice fields, and lush green mountains stretch into the distance as far as the eye can see. The highest peak in the region, Mount Fansipan, crowns the ragged ridge line high above town.”
Vietnam Tourism - Official website of Vietnam National Administration of Tourism
Topas Riverside Lodge, Sapa
Topas Riverside Lodge is a boutique lodge infused with charm and family spirit, situated in the wild jungles and thundering river valleys of Hoang Lien National Park, connected to quaint Nam Cang Village by a wooden suspension bridge across a busting river.
In 2020, the property went over a large renovation from its Red Dzao homestay roots to a sleek and modern fully-serviced lodge with regional accents, specializing in providing experiences full of cultural encounters, soft adventure, culinary journeys, and holistic wellness awareness.
Nam Cang commune is one of the most remote regions in all of Sapa district, situated 36 km from Sapa town. The village is inhabited by Red Dzao and Black H’mong ethnic minority communities and includes 267 households with a population of around 1,578.
Here, guests can discover a side of Vietnam known only to a rare few individuals, beyond the well-trodden tourist paths of Sapa, principally through hiking and biking experiences. Witness the friendliness and warm hospitality of the local minority people or just sit on the lodge’s river patio, watching children splash in the river, getting a small taste of life in the mountains as it has gone on for centuries.
Read more about Topas Riverside Lodge here.
Double / Twin-sharing accommodation
SGD 970 (by end of 27 April 2022)
SGD 1,120 (from 28 April 2022)
SGD 1,320 (by end of 27 April 2022)
SGD 1,470 (from 28 April 2022)
Please email Shirley with any questions.
Retreat is confirmed. We are going to Sapa!
For flight tickets out of Singapore, SQ192 & SQ193.
Please pay in full before end of 27th April to enjoy the early bird fee.
What’s included in your Retreat fees:
Anusara Yoga with Bo, Experienced Certified AnusaraTeacher (ECAT), Yoga Alliance Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 500), Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (CEP) and Teacher Trainer
6 Nights’ Accommodation at Topas Riverside Lodge. River view and jungle view rooms come with mosquito nets, 2-way heating and air- conditioning, and Wi-Fi. En-suite modern bathrooms are equipped with hot rain-showers, hairdryers, and refillable toiletries
6 Continental Breakfast Buffets
6 Northern Vietnamese cuisine Dinners
Topas Riverside Lodge specializes in local cuisine that is inspired from the region. All ingredients are locally sourced, whether from their own organic gardens, local orchards, or the nearby surrounding villages as part of their promise to support and uplift their neighbours and communities
Activities during leisure time:
• Village strolling
• Take a dip in one of the 2 natural fresh river pools in front of the lodge when weather conditions are favorable (usually from May!) Expect some company as this is the local children’s favorite place to hang out during the day
• Mountain biking to explore Nam Cang Village and the surrounding areas
• Relax in the Bamboo Lounge: The top floor of Topas Riverside Lodge overlooks the river with a small library and collection of board games for guests to use freely
• Explore Sapa Town (transport costs apply)
Other chargeable optional activities:
• Traditional spa treatments at the Red Dzao Bathhouse just adjacent to the main building. Treatments include baths in hand-carved wooden bathtubs facing the river, foot scrubs and reflexology therapy
• Summit Mount Fansipan, mainland Southeast Asia’s highest peak, towering at an astonishing 3,143m on Asia’s longest and tallest cable car and enjoy views of Muong Hoa Valley, China, and Laos. There are also a variety of cultural attractions such as stupas, monasteries, as well as shops and restaurants to peruse. Then, head down to Sapa town to experience the history of the former “Tonkin Hill Station”
• 12-14km cultural hike through rolling farmlands and iconic rice terraces. Meet with Blue H’mong families on the other side of the Hoang Lien Mountain Range and continue on to Nam Nhiu village where you will quickly recognize the attributes of the Red Dzao
• 8km Nam Pa Jungle hike through lush green foliage framing picturesque views of rice paddies and mountains in the distance. Walk over make-shift suspension bridges
• Grab a basket and follow a Red Dzao specialist into the bamboo forests and wild jungles of Nam Cang to to learn how to forage and distinguish between some of the most important herbs used for medicinal purposes, especially traditional herbal baths
Exclusions in Retreat Fees:
Nội Bài International Airport, Hanoi, Vietnam (HAN)
Two 5-hour transfers from Hanoi to Topas Riverside Lodge and back to Hanoi. Share the cost of transfer by minivan for up to 8 persons (USD 290, one-way) or opt for a transfer by private car (USD 250, one-way)